Bell Ingram - serving UK's land and property owners to make the most of their assets
Steeped in history, Airlie Castle makes a dramatic and comfortable venue for the duration of The Open Championship. It has been in the Earl of Airlie’s family ownership since the 16th century and prides itself on its quality of sport and scenery. There are numerous golf courses within striking distance of the castle.
Airlie Castle is a 10 minute drive from Kirriemuir, known as ‘The Gateway to the Glens’ and well served by local airports, 40 minutes from Carnoustie and 90 minutes from Edinburgh and Aberdeen. With well laid out gardens, Airlie Castle today makes an ideal base for the duration of the British Open.
The A90 dual carriageway is easily reached from Kirriemuir. Dundee and Perth have a mainline railway station with regular services to the north and south, including a sleeper service.
Airlie Castle is situated in its own grounds of approximately 10 acres and is approached through the main gated lodge entrance to the Estate. The tree lined drive winds its way passed the walled garden where ample parking and turning area await.
Airlie Castle has accommodation for 14 plus an additional 4 in the adjoining cottage which may be suitable for staff, however it is ideally suited to parties of between 14 – 16.
- Playroom with table tennis table, record player, solid fuel burner, French doors to garden.
- Kitchen with Aga and dishwasher.
- Billiard Room with open fire.
- Utility Room with tumble dryer and washing machine.
- Separate W.C.
- Boot Room.
- Drawing Room with open fire (CD player).
- Dining Room seats 10/12 with open fire.
- Library/Study with an open fire.
Second Floor – sleeps 8
- Master bedroom (Tower Bedroom) with 4 poster, built in wardrobes, steps down to en-suite bathroom with bath, w.c. and basin.
- Double bedroom with wrought iron bath, twin enamel basins and lovely views.
- Single Bedroom with door to bathroom (main) accessed from hall.
- Bedroom with 3 single beds for children, open fireplace.
Third Floor – sleeps 6
- Single bedroom (Pink bedroom) with basin.
- Double bedroom.
- Further bedroom with 3 single beds.
- Separate WC.
- Small Bathroom.
The cottage sleeps 4 and is part of the castle and comprises:
- Kitchen with walk-in larder.
- Sitting Room with open fireplace.
- Twin bedroom with open fire and hand basin.
- Further twin bedroom with open fire and hand basin.
- Bathroom and w.c.