The farmland at Woodhead sits at an altitude of approximately 140 150 metres above average sea level. The land is classified by the James Hutton Institute as predominantly Class 3.2, this indicates the land is capable of producing a moderate range of crops including high yields of barley, oats and grass. Other uses may include potatoes and forage crops. This classification is typical of the area.
Fields 1 and 2 are currently used for arable cropping. The fencing at Fields 1 and 2 would require to be upgraded for stock and a contribution of fencing materials will be provided by the sellers. Water is accessible in all of the fields. The land is gently sloping and easily worked.
Woodhead Farm was originally part of Monymusk Estate and Sir Arthur Grant rebuilt the farmhouse for his wife in a style in keeping with her native Cotswolds in 1889. Infact it is believed that it was a prototype for the design used in rebuilding the estates model village of Monymusk.
Monymusk estate planted millions of trees in the 18th century to provide shelter, beauty and income to the estate. The most famous planting being Paradise Wood which was laid out in 1719 and is found directly adjacent to Woodhead. There is also woodland to the west of the farmbuildings which can be accessed directly from the farmyard