Bell Ingram's Valuations Protocol will keep our clients and staff safe during Covid-19
Bell Ingram’s RICS Valuers are hard at work and here to help … just not from the usual places.
With valuations not possible in-person at the moment, we are using all the latest technology at our disposal to conduct desktop and virtual assessments.
And in the future, site visits to vacant residential properties, farms or forestry land may be able to be done almost as before by a single valuer, while valuing other property types may require more planning and discussion.
We are monitoring developments and closely following government safety advice about how to best conduct our operations and have developed a protocol to keep both our clients and ourselves safe once the lockdown rules are relaxed.
Our protocol will be as follows:
• When setting up the appointment and prior to arrival at a property, we will obtain confirmation (by telephone) to establish whether or not any individuals within the house/premises being visited have symptoms of Covid-19. If they do, then the inspection will be delayed in line with the government isolation guidelines.
• The Valuer will travel by car, on their own.
• Hand gel/sanitiser will be used prior to arrival.
• Face covering to be put on at arrival.
• Any occupiers will be asked to stay away from the area being inspected, either in the garden or in another room with a closed door if more convenient.
• Social distancing will be enforced – Bell Ingram Valuer will remain two metres away from the client at all times.
• If the client is in the “at risk” category (as laid out in government guidelines), additional precautions will apply.
• We will use disinfectant wipes to clear any surfaces we have touched - doors, cupboards, taps etc. as we leave.
• Where possible soap and water will be used to wash hands (for 20 seconds) on arrival and prior to departure.
• Another application of hand gel/sanitiser will be used once back in the car.
This period of remote working has shown what can be achieved using technology in conjunction with the breadth and depth of knowledge across our valuation team and other services.
Early discussions with one of our experts will help get everything lined up and we are always available for an initial discussion to confirm timing and type of valuation best suited to your needs.
So, if you or your clients are in need of rural property appraisals or valuations, get in touch Sarah Tyson, Head of Valuations, to see which of the Bell Ingram team can best help you.
email@example.com or 07710 308614.