It is believed that the U-shaped steading belonged to Inchrye Priory, a Georgian Gothic revival house built in 1827 and demolished in the 1960s.
Most of the architectural features are still intact, including the distinctive castellated dovecot and polygonal turrets.
The Good House Company will create four beautiful substantial steading properties with either three or four bedrooms. Each will retain historic features such as the clock tower, kennels and horse mill. Each one will have high specifications and with garages, large private gardens and landscaped communal areas, the steading will make beautiful family homes.
The completed restoration of the development will reflect its rural setting. With historic Wynstone walls, pitched roofs, dormer windows and private gardens creating a traditional countryside feel, the homes will incorporate all the contemporary features needed for optimum comfort and convenience. Each home will incorporate a unique part of the historic building from exposed stone work, octagonal turrets, former kennels, a clock tower and horse mill.
Purchaser will have the opportunity to stamp their own individuality on their home. Houses can be tailored to meet particular tastes and requirements. All of the homes will have detached timber frame or integrated garages with log stores.
• Under floor heating on the ground floor
• Oak doors throughout
• Feature staircases
• Oak flooring in kitchen and family room
• Wood burning stoves
• High specification Alan Johnstone fitted kitchen
• Neff appliances
• Choice of sanitary ware and tiles
• Concealed Sonos sound system
• Ultra Fast Fibre Broadband
• Air source heat pumps
• Locally sourced whinstone and sandstone
• Traditional slate roofs
• Triple glazed windows
• Private gardens with seeded lawns and planting
• Beech hedging
• Sandstone patios
Please note that internal images are from previous developments by The Good HOuse Company. Some of the external images are of the development as a whole.
A reservation fee of £1,000 will secure a plot and within 7 days of the conclusion of missives, a deposit of £9,000 will be paid. These will be non-returnable in the event of the Purchaser failing to complete the sale for reasons not attributable to the Seller or his agents.
Lindores is a small village in Fife about two miles from Newburgh, situated on the north east shore of Lindores Loch. The ruins of Abdie Church about 0.5 miles from the village are possibly the site of an ancient shrine connected to the Celtic foundation at Abernethy. After the founds of Lindores Abbey in 1191, the church was given to the abbey. A Pictish stone dating from the 3rd century study on a nearby ridge until 1850 but it is now in the church yard. Traces of an ancient castle thought to have belonged to Macduff, Thane of Fife, have been found at the east end of the village. The battle of Black Irnsyde at with William Wallace defeated Aymer de Valence, the 2nd Earl of Pembroke, was fought near the village.
Nearby is Lindores Abbey Distillery, thought to be the oldest distillery in the world. It is claimed that the first written reference to whisky being produced in Scotland relates to Lindores Abbey. The Abbey has become known as the ‘spiritual home of Scotch whisky’.
The properties are well positioned for easy access to Cupar, St Andrews and Perth. There is a main line railway connection at Ladybank and at Cupar.
Local amenities can be found in the nearby village of Newburgh which caters for everyday requirements. More extensive amenities and Bell Baxter High School can be found at Cupar. There is a local primary school at Dunbog and private schools within easy reach include Craigclowan (Preparatory) outside Perth, St Leonards in St Andrews and Kilgraston and Strathallan, both near Bridge of Earn.
Various local facilities include shooting, hill walking, fishing at Lindores, coastal walks at Newburgh and on the Tay estuary, and golf at the numerous courses in Fife and Perthshire.
Floor plan 1
From Edinburgh, travelling north, take Junction 8 of the M90 onto the A91. Continue for 18 miles and after Auchtermuchty turn left onto the B937 signposted Lindores.
Follow that road and at the T junction turn right onto the A914 towards St Andres and follow the road for approximately 0.5 miles. Inchrye Steading can be seen on the right hand side.