Bell Ingram - serving UK's land and property owners to make the most of their assets
On 13 November 1899 Henry J Bell hung a brass plaque outside his office on Charlotte Street in Perth and officially opened H.J. Bell & Co. His main client at the time was Abercairny Estate, a classic, Victorian sporting and agricultural estate in Perthshire. HJ Bell offered land management and building surveying services to mainly private clients and Bell Ingram’s roots have remained in rural land management ever since.
The Day Bell and Ingram Became One
On 31 March 1971, H.J. Bell & Co merged with the successful Edinburgh firm of estate agents; C.W. Ingram & Co and so began Bell Ingram.
During the 1980’s Bell Ingram handled many commercial property deals and planning applications and some of Scotland’s finest estates and large farms were handled by Bell Ingram’s capable sales department.
1995 saw Bell Ingram transform from a Private Partnership agreement to a Limited Company. A new Board of Directors was formed with a management tier of Associates thus continuing the Partnership ethos with a more robust governance and management structure.
In 1998 Bell Ingram Design – the Architectural Design and Building Surveying division of Bell Ingram – was incorporated.
Headquarters – The Durn
An imposing, Victorian former residence on the banks of the River Tay in Perth, the ‘Durn’ has been Bell Ingram’s headquarters since 1962.